A group of charity umbrella bodies has come together to send the Chancellor proposals for a Five Point Plan to provide urgent and much needed support to the sector, ahead of his summer update to Parliament on 8 July 2020.
The Five Point Plan calls for these actions:
- Implementation of a flexible approach and appropriate extension of the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- Introduction of the Gift Aid Emergency Relief Package
- Repurposing of and access to the National Fund to support charity services
- Ensuring effective and efficient distribution of the Shared Prosperity Fund
- Creation of a Community Wealth Fund using Dormant Assets
You can read the Five Point Plan letter below.5-point-plan-letter_Final-T